Friday, Aug. 14, 2009
9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Moderated by Tahirih Naylor
The upsurge in environmental, social and economic challenges confronting humanity in the 21st century — climate change, species extinctions, deforestation, food security, inequality, growing extremes of wealth and poverty, and an unstable world financial system, to name but a few – are forcing the collective consciousness of humankind to evolve. These challenges are ever-present reminders of humanity’s essential oneness and the interconnectedness of all life systems. Learning to successfully grapple with them will require new levels of human maturity and narrow self interest will have to give way to a wider concern for the well-being of the planet.
- Listen to Peter Adriance’s presentation
- Download Peter Adriance’s PowerPoint as PDF
- Listen to Peter Brown’s presentation
- Download Peter Brown’s PowerPoint as PDF
- Listen to Arthur Dahl’s response
- Listen to the Q&A